Goodheart Farm Animal Sanctuary, in Worcestershire, opened in 2017 and is already home to over 300 rescued farm animals.
Where do the animals come from?
- Trading Standards who have confiscated animals being treated cruelly.
- Rescued en route to markets and abattoirs.
- Farmers who have ‘special’ individuals they can’t bear to send to slaughter.
- NGO’s and rescue facilities that don’t have the capacity to care for farm animals.
- Private individuals handing in pets (e.g. Kune Kune pigs).
- Individual farm animals who have been found straying or injured.
- The lucky few who have been obtained by people to save them from slaughter.
- ‘Retired’ laying hens and other animals who are no longer commercially profitable.