We’ll use case studies as powerful arguments against practices such as:
• Ewes destined to be culled because they are no longer suitable for breeding
• Dairy cows slaughtered because they no longer produce enough milk
• Male calves slaughtered at a young age as a ‘by product’ of the dairy industry
• Male chicks killed once hatched
• Micro pigs abandoned as unwanted pets
Through working partnerships with other like-minded groups and NGOs we’ll extend the reach of our message.
We’ll also build campaigns around occasions, like World Transport Day for Animals, and around issues like fallen/downed animals – where animals too sick to walk are dragged to slaughter.
We’ll even work undercover to expose malpractices.
Photos courtesy of VIVA